breaking the cycle pt 2: To the Ones Who Called Me the Villain
To the Ones Who Called Me the Villain
I get it now.
It was easier for you to believe I was the destroyer. The rebel. The runaway. The one who broke the home. The one who couldn’t be controlled. The one who brought the shame.
Because if I was the villain, then no one had to face the real story. No one had to admit the silence. The bruises. The begging. The hiding. The covering up.
If I was the villain, then you didn’t have to question the roles you were clinging to just to survive.
But here’s the truth:
I wasn’t trying to ruin anything. I was trying to save something. I didn’t walk away because I hated you. I walked away because I couldn’t hate myself anymore.
I needed to believe I was worthy of peace. Of respect. Of rest. I needed to believe I wasn’t created just to endure pain and smile through it.
I needed to break the pattern—even if it made you uncomfortable. Even if it made me look like the villain.
Because if surviving makes me the enemy, then so be it. Because if speaking up makes me dramatic, then I will roar.
But I won’t shrink anymore.
I send you love, even from a distance. I wish you healing, even from my silence. But I will not come back to the cage that cost me my voice.
You can call me anything you want. But I know who I am now: I am the cycle breaker.
Comments
Post a Comment
Stay Alive. You are loved. You are wanted. You are needed. Keep going. I believe in You. love you, Desert Rose.